Thursday 8 July 2010

Tropical fishies
























Out of all the slings I own, I think my wraps are my favourites. They're basically long pieces of woven fabric which can be worn in a wide variety of ways to carry a child.

They're very comfy, and obviously more importantly totally beautiful! I have a few, in different lengths and colours for different carries and different moods.

One of my favourites is by Didymos and it's called Deep Sea Fish, it's a dark, denimy blue with fish woven into it. It's lovely to wrap with, and very comfy but a little bit boring. So, last night, I cracked out the fabric paints.

You can see the results in the photo, the fish on the left are in their original state, and the ones on the right have been painted. I'm really pleased with the results, I've just got to finish it off and then iron it to make it permanent!

1 comment: