Sunday 27 March 2011

Heart over head....

I'm delighted to share some really exciting news with you (all two of you!), come October, there's going to be another Velcro Baby joining our family!


Apparently the teeniest Velcro Baby is due at the beginning of October, I'm not telling anyone the actual date because a, both previous arrivals have been a week or so late and b, I'm hoping to avoid all those "Any news?" texts/phonecalls/conversations which make me want to poke the questioner (who I'm sure is just well meaning and interested) in the eye.

We're expecting a few raised eyebrows over the arrival of this baby, on paper, this was probably not a sensible decision, but, I'm rarely sensible and anyway, who wants to live their life on paper? We live in a small house, we don't have a lot of money and we already have two young children. But ultimately, we knew we'd be far more likely to look back with regret on a life lived with a bit more room and a bit more money, than a life stuffed with children and love.

A lovely German friend assures me it's very common on the Continent to have millions of kids in small houses and just stuff them into corners and bunkbeds and such like, so we came over all European and threw caution to the wind.

Actually, I don't think we'll have to compromise on much, generally our kids stay in our room for quite a while anyway so I'm not too worried about not having a spare room for this baby. We also have a loft stuffed with clothes, reuseable nappies, toys, a cot, a buggy and millions of maternity clothes, so we shouldn't have to buy much, and breastfeeding was still free last time Ichecked.

I'm contemplating the idea of Tandem Feeding, as Velcro Boy is still enthusiastically breast-feeding and, if I'm honest, to satisfy my rebellious desire to do something REALLY controversial and out there! I fed Moobles until I was 6 months pregnant with VB, and if I'm honest, I'd really had enough by then and was knackered, with a little encouragement she was happy to stop. We'll see how things pan out this time, October is still a long way off I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Exciting stuff! I think it's a good call to pile them all in while the going's good. Can recommend the Adventures in Tandem bfing book if you haven't already read it 1st time around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also recommend that book.
    i am still tandem feeding my two girls, one is nearly 1 and the other is 3.
    i haven't blogged about this yet for fear of being thought a total weirdo!
    but maybe one day...!
    good luck in your pregnancy and decision making. i have found it very hard at times to tandem but overall it is a great way of allowing the elder child to still feel nurtured and like 'your baby' too, for a little longer...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. "we knew we'd be far more likely to look back with regret on a life lived with a bit more room and a bit more money, than a life stuffed with children and love."

    I love this quote. We are getting are under discussion about ahving a second. I am a bit resistant for all manner of reasons...mainly selfish, but the above has really made me think about the bigger picture.

    ReplyDelete