Thursday 7 April 2011

Unwanted visitors....

We have rats living in our garden!

They're sort of cute when viewed at a distance from behind the safety of my double glazed patio doors, but as our garden is fairly small, having a rat living under the compost bin at the bottom of the garden is a little too close for comfort! Not to mention the one who payed a visit to my kitchen yesterday, thankfully it scarpered fairly quickly, but all the same, no-one wants a rat in their house do they?

I shall be instructing Gadget Man when he gets home that he needs to get rid of the compost bin asap, although I'm not sure what we'll do with the contents as a good proportion of it is just rotten veggies rather than proper compost! I really hope there's not a nest with babies in it, as I shall be in a proper quandry about the morality of uprooting babies from their nests, who afterall, didn't choose to be rats, or living in my compost bin!

However, having watched one rat zoom the length of our garden a number of times today, I'm feeling a bit less kindly towards them and just want my garden back!

3 comments:

  1. Well, no... but then, neither did you choose to accommodate them in your garden. Rats and children don't mix. In fact, rats and humans don't mix. Live and let live, by all means, but these rats have got to know their place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had rats in our garden last summer. It turns out that eons and eons ago there was an outside toilet where our beautiful lawn once was, then it was removed the sewer pipes were not properly dealtwith and just covered up. Rat heaven. Very expensive to sort out. Luckily we were moveing anyway!

    I swear, one that our cat caught was the size of a small dog. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh!

    And hello! Found your blog through your sig on NM, I'm Beth, Helen F's friend :D x

    ReplyDelete